Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Super Bike

I have come to my native place, just another visit for a couple of days… Was just doing a little work this morning and got a call from my maternal grand mom asking about a fast that most of us have for a week. Here fasting doesn’t mean totally fast without eating anyhtin and all, you can consume few selected fruits, milk and milk products and tapioca … well I don’t fast most of the times cos I don’t believe in a fast where you are allowed to eat… So the point why she had called is that she wanted to give some fresh tapioca for the fasting members of my family, and suggested me to collect as no one else was free. Her place is just few kilometers away from ours.
I was to go by a TVS 50 Excel, the vehicle of real India I would say. Ya, from Honda Activa to TVS 50 Excel, but I din mind as I got to roam out a little plus a quick visit to granny’s place. All this in a typical Indian village, to reach my granny’s place I had to cross 2 villages n the third village was my granny’s…
It was a fun ride I must say.. I was accompanied by my house maid, travelling alone in villages is considered unsafe. Before starting we checked the petrol and found it to be less, but dad n I thought I can reach there but returning would be a problem. And planned will ask uncle to get petrol from a nearby place there..
One kick and the TVS was all zzzrrr zrrr… As we crossed people all the heads turned in our direction and were AWWWW… LOL.. One girl was almost about to fall while walking, she hit a stone as she was busy seeing a girl (of course me) riding a vehicle.. Another woman stood up in shock and few more such crazy incidents.
When we were in between the first and second village I felt the Super bike jerk a little, and felt something coming and in next moment the zzzrrrr sound subsided completely as the bike was hungry and there was no food for it.. Am thankful to the technology, immediately called up my uncle and said where we were and what happened. And there came one person my maid knew, he suggested we tilt the vehicle complete and we can drive for another one kilometer for sure, we tilted it completely but no use, we couldn’t hear the zzzrr.. When the maid asked him how far the next village was, he said “it’s quite near; you can reach there in no time”. And we decided to push till the village, mainly cos we were little scared of the isolated place we were stuck in, so we pushed pushed and pushed the super bike but couldn’t find the village. Then came a upward slope, the thought of pushing the vehicle upward was so tiring but we hardly had a choice n stood for few mins starring at it and again kept going… after one point when I couldn’t push any further nor could find the village, I stopped and called up my uncle to find that my uncle forgot his mobile home. Now, we thought whatever we’ll wait. And I saw my uncle coming; he looked like a God who had come to save us.
He filled the petrol and he said he had to get oil for the vehicle and it took time for him to reach. Happily started the vehicle and zzzrrrr zzzrrr reached there. Like a girl shouldn't travel alone, females shouldn't be roaming around in the dark so all we did was packed the sweet potatoes and few vegetables and headed back home. All the time I was there my aunt and granny kept saying you should have come earlier. As the sun was setting the zzrrrr zrrr got louder and we reached home before dark.. Wow, what a day and what a ride… Now, I think it is one of the ways God wanted to punish me for not fasting, :P. God,I will fast someday but sincerely.

5 comments:

  1. ba ba black sheep, have u any wool ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @div: :P
    @anonymous devil: joblesss

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha.
    "Now, I think it is one of the ways God wanted to punish me for not fasting, :P. God,I will fast someday but sincerely"

    The best line.
    Sheetal before you touch the vehicle check the fuel and the tyre pressure. God will not punish you at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Naresh ;) will keep this in mind.. :P

    ReplyDelete